A multi sensory approach to language acquisition based on songs chosen to teach a selection of vocabulary and sentence structures. Visual, audio and tactile stimuli are all intertwined to allow your child to acquire the language in depth while having fun. This method has proven to be effective with children as young as 6 months old!
Instrument playing, sing-along games, finger-play and puppets are used to enhance comprehension through repetition while hearing and feeling the rhythm of the language.
Songs from the “Learn French Through Music” cd can be listened to and purchased on our store page!
- Hudson County Montessori in New Rochelle, NY
- Eastridge Learning Center in White Plains, NY
- Christ's Church Nursery School in Rye, NY
- Children's Corner Learning in Purchase, NY
- Timberridge Preeschool in Armonk, NY
- Montessori Children's Room in Armonk, NY
- Children's Corner Learning in White Plains, NY
- Children's Day School in Greenwich, CT
- Cooper's Corner Montessori Int'l, New Rochelle, NY
- Rye YMCA in Rye, NY
- Alliance Française de Westchester, White Plains, NY
- Anna & Jack's Treehouse in New Rochelle, NY
World Music Educational program to introduce multicultural instruments, movements and sounds to children of all ages, starting as young as 6 months old and up to 8 years old.
Armelle or one of her teachers in partnership with Music On Wheels® plays guitar, keyboard or ukulele to sing traditional favorites, multilingual songs in English, French, Spanish, Chinese, Korean, Hebrew, Arabic, Italian!
We will play: bodhran from Ireland, derbuka from Turkey, djembe from Africa, bongos from South America, ceremonial Native American drum, lap-harp, kalimba from Africa, Lebanese tambourine, spoons, washboards, violin, banjo, accordion and bouzouki from Europe, balafon and kora from Africa and many more!
Rhythms are practiced through musical games with tambourines and maracas, ear training is achieved through dancing on world music pieces specifically chosen for that purpose.
A selection of songs from the "Discover A World of Music" and "Rock Your World Kids! Vol1" CDs can be listened to and purchased, visit our store page!
Our goal is the adaptation of the senses to new stimuli. Music and languages open up minds, sounds travel through time and space to reveal that basic pentatonic melodies can be found in complete opposite parts of the world. As different as we are, we are all connected!